With the turn of the century, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) have become the foremost reason of mortality in India. In comparison with the people of European ancestry, CVD affects Indians at least a decade earlier and in their most productive midlife years.
Basic Life Support (BLS)
BLS is the basis for saving lives after cardiac arrest. Basic Life Support workshop teaches a layperson about the initial assessment and resuscitation of a victim in cardiac arrest. This course teaches a layperson about the initial assessment and resuscitation of a victim in cardiac arrest.
- Audio-visual demos
- Hands on experience using manikins
- Use of AMBU bags for rescue breathing
- Use of automated defibrillators
- Technique of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Use the AED (Automatic External Defibrillator)
- Action in an Emergency situation
- Casualty Management and Casualty Care
- Recognition and treatment of miscellaneous minor injuries or medical conditions as determined by candidates
Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Advanced cardiac life support or advanced cardiovascular life support (ACLS) refers to a set of clinical interventions for the urgent treatment of cardiac arrest, stroke and other life-threatening medical emergencies, as well as the knowledge and skills to deploy those interventions.
- Intervention of Cardiopulmonary Arrest
- Immediate Post-Cardiac Arrest
- Acute Dysrhythmia
- Acute Coronary Syndromes (ACS)
- Expanding the core ACLS guidelines
- Active participation in case-based scenarios
- Differential diagnosis and treatment of prearrest, arrest and postarrest patients